One new food trend is Pasta made out of some kind of vegetables e.g. zucchinis.
These “zoodles” are a very healthy alternative for regular wheat pasta.
To make these zoodles you will need a spiralizer which is available on e.g. Amazon*.
I am recently obsessed with a vegan bolognese made out of red lentils on my zucchini noodles.
Ingredients for 2 people:
250 g of tomato sauce
120 g of red lentils
2 tsp. red pesto
1 clove of garlic
5 basil leaves
- Cook the lentils as instructed on the package.
- Peel the zucchinis, cut of the stem and spiralize them.
- Cut the onion, the garlic clove and the basil leaves into small cubes and heat them in a pan with the red pesto until the onions turn slightly brown.
- Then add the tomato sauce into the pan.
- When the lentils are ready also add those and stir all the ingredients well.
Tip: I don’t like to heat up my zucchini noodles as they turn watery very quickly.
*Advertisement, because of brand naming.