Baking your own bread is quite easy, smells wonderful and tastes even better. This is a recipe for a spelt-wheat mix bread and currently my favorite!
450 g spelt grains
100 g wheat flour
150 g oat flakes
400 g warm water
150 g milk
40 g fresh yeast
2 tbsp. oil
2 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. coriander
- At first grind the spelt grains and the oat flakes to flour.
- Then mix all the ingredients in a large bowl and knead the dough about 5 minutes.
- Fill the dough into a cake pan and allow the dough to rise for at least 20 minutes. In the meantime preheat the oven to 250 °C (480 F).
- Bake the bread 20 minutes at 250 °C (480 F), then reduce the temperature to 200 °C (390 F) and bake the bread another 30 minutes.
- Let the bread cool on a cake rack.
- If the crust of the bread becomes to dark cover the bread with a baking sheet.
- The bread is fully baked when it sounds hollow.