The colder the weather gets the more I enjoy warm, hearty and creamy meals for lunch and sometimes even for dinner.
Dahl is a traditionell Indian dish mainly consisting of legumes cooked until they reach a very smooth texture. By adding coconut cream, the Dahl becomes creamier and vegetables, spices and even fruits add delicious flavors.
- 250g red lentils
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 5 medium carrots
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp paprika powder sweet and spicy
- Start by adding the washed red lentils into boiling water for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Cut the peeled carrots into thin slices.
- When the lentils are cooked, discard the water and add the coconut milk, carrots and spices into the pan.
- Let the Dahl simmer for 10 minutes on a low heat.
The Dahl can be served in several ways. The most popular side to Dahl is rice, but fresh vegetables also work very well. My favorite way is to serve the lentil Dahl with both: rice and some fresh salad and tomatoes. Enjoy!