Sugar-free Oil-free Vegan
Banana bread is an absolute favorite of mine. The goal for this recipe was to create a delicious, but still healthy banana bread which can be enjoyed as breakfast, desert or snack. It is free of refined sugar, oil and butter. Sweetness is added by the bananas (chose very ripe one’s) and dates which are added puréed. As nut butter I can highly recommend the usage of almond butter. The oat flour can be produced at home in a blender or food processor. Crushed walnuts are optional and add a crunchiness to the soft bread!
- 220 g oat flour
- 5 bananas
- 130 g dates
- 60 g nut butter
- 3 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- optional: 50 g walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C fan setting and line a loaf tin with baking parchment.
- Start by soaking the dates for 10 minutes in hot water to soften them.
- Mash four bananas with a fork (one goes on top of the bread).
- Discard the water and purée the dates in a blender to a soft paste – add 1-2 tbsp of water or milk if necessary.
- Combine all the dry ingredients into a big bowl: oat flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Decorate the banana bread with the extra banana.
- Bake for 60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool down for a while in the tin and enjoy 🙂