This recipe is a more tasty and still healthier twist on the typical student -meal: white pasta with tomato sauce!
It literally takes like 15 minutes and is perfect for midweek dinners or simple lunches.
As I explain in this article chickpea pasta is a great substitute for regular pasta adding more proteins, vitamins and fiber to a pasta dish.
Mushrooms and spinach add flavor and vitamins.
Ingredients for 2:
- 120 g chickpea pasta
- 300 g tomato sauce
- 200 g chopped spinach
- 250 g chopped mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- 2 tsps. red pesto
- 1 tsp. paprika, salt & pepper
- Start by cooking the pasta.
- Meanwhile finely chop the clove of garlic and the onion and start heating them in a sauce pan with a tablespoon of oil until they start turning brown.
- Add the mushrooms and after about 3 minutes the tomato sauce and the red pesto.
- When the pasta is ready add it to the sauce pan with the spinach, the spices and stir for 2 minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂
This dish can be turned into a more student friendly one – pot – meal by simply not frying the onion, garlic and mushrooms but it changes the taste a little 😉